12 Week Program
New York 12-week program
The 12-Week Program is a single-semester program. Students in this program may study full-time (16 hours and above) or part time (less than 16 hours), beginning with the minimum of 2 acting classes (8 hours). Designed for both students wishing to begin their Method Acting training and for professionals wishing to brush up on their technique but requiring more flexibility, this program is the foundation for our year-long program.
Classes are conducted Monday through Saturday in the morning, afternoon and evening.
If deemed successful in their classes and in excellent standing with the Institute by the administration, students may re-register. A student’s successful completion of this program, and excellent standing with the Institute, will be deemed as such at the sole discretion of the Institute.
Please note the application deadlines for all U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, citizens of Canada, and holders of other U.S. visas valid for full-time study (not tourist visas):
- Summer 2014: June 20, 2014
- Fall 2014: September 8, 2014
- Winter 2015: January 5, 2015
- Spring 2015: March 30, 2015
- Summer 2015: June 22, 2015
Please note the application deadlines for all international students (except citizens of Canada):
- Summer 2014: April 28, 2014
- Fall 2014: July 21, 2014
- Winter 2015: November 10, 2014
- Spring 2015: February 2, 2015
- Summer 2015: April 27, 2015
A Full-time schedule consists of 22 hours of class per week which includes 2 Method Acting classes per week, each 4 hours long. The remaining 14 hours are elective classes that students may choose in accordance with the Registrars’ office.
- Tuition for the Full-Time 12-Week Program is $5650* ($150 non-refundable registration fee already included).
- Important note: International students must be on the I-20 (F-1) visa and are required to study Full-Time.
*An additional non-refundable $100/session fee applies to all international registrations. An additional non-refundable $90 FedEx rate will apply to facilitate visa documents.
Domestic students only
- Tuition for the 12 Week Full-Time 16 hours per week for US Students and eligible non F-1 visa students is $4300 ($150 non-refundable registration fee already included).
A Part-time schedule consists of 8 hours of class per week, which includes two Method Acting classes per week, each 4 hours long. Students may also add elective classes à la carte up to a maximum of less than 16 hours of class per week.
Domestic students only
- Tuition for the Part-Time 12-Week Program (8 hours) is $2100 (including a $150 non-refundable registration fee).
- Important note: students on the I-20 (F-1) visa are required to study in the Full-Time 22 hours per week program only. They may not enroll in the Part Time Program.
The Twelve Week Program, One Year Conservatory and Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) commence on all of the same session start dates listed below:
- Summer 2014 Session
June 23rd – August 29th, 2014
- Fall 2014 Session
September 15th – December 13th, 2014
- Winter 2015 Session
January 12th – April 4th, 2015
- Spring 2015 Session
April 6th – June 27th, 2015
- Summer 2015 Session
June 29th – September 5th, 2015
Once accepted please note- Students are not guaranteed that they will get the schedule of their choice because One Year Conservatory and Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) students who have paid their program tuition in full receive priority registration each semester, therefore once classes reach capacity, they will be closed. Please note that “paid in full” is defined as having paid for the entire program in one lump sum.
See Classes for a full list of potential class offerings.