One Year Conservatory Program
New York One Year Conservatory Program
The One Year Conservatory is our 9 month program that follows the initial portion of the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program). With 22 hours of classes per week, this program emphasizes the fundamental aspects of The Method while ensuring concentrated and broad-based instruction in voice, movement and theatre history. Completion of this program may be applied towards the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) only if the student has fulfilled the necessary requirements of the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program), has been consistently and positively evaluated by his/her instructor, and is in excellent standing with the Institute, all to be deemed as such at the sole discretion of the Institute.
Please note the application deadlines for all U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and holders of other U.S. visas valid for full-time study (not tourist visas):
- Winter 2014: December 9, 2013
- Spring 2014: March 17, 2014
- Summer 2014: June 9, 2014
- Fall 2014: September 8, 2014
Please note the application deadlines for all international students (except citizens of Canada):
- Winter 2014: October 28, 2013
- Spring 2014: February 3, 2014
- Summer 2014: April 28, 2014
- Fall 2014: July 21, 2014
Students in this full-time One Year Conservatory must take the following classes each session:
- 2 Method Acting classes (4 hours each- for a total of 8 hours)
- 1 Voice class (2 hours)
- 1 Movement class (2 hours)
- 1 Theatre History class (2 hours)
- Elective classes (8 hours)
See Classes for a full list of potential class offerings.
Students who wish to successfully complete the One Year Conservatory Program must complete 9 months of consecutive study and in excellent standing with the Institute. Each semester they must be in excellent standing with the Institute in order for a student to progress from one semester to the next (to be deemed at the sole discretion of the Institute). A student’s successful completion of this program will be deemed as such at the sole discretion of the Institute.
- Tuition for the One Year Conservatory Program is $16,650* ($150 non-refundable registration fee already included).
- The tuition may be paid all at once, or in three installments, each installment always to be paid before the start of each session. Installments require an additional $150 non-refundable registration fee with each new session.
- An additional $100/session fee applies to all international registrations regardless if paying in full or in installments. An additional $90 FedEx rate will apply to facilitate visa documents.
The Twelve Week Program, One Year Conservatory and Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) commence on all of the same session start dates listed below:
- Summer 2013 Session- June 24th- August 31st
- Fall 2013 Session- September 16th- December 14th
- Winter 2014 Session- January 6th – March 29th
- Spring 2014 Session- March 31st- June 21st
- Summer 2014 Session- June 23rd- August 29th
- Fall 2014 Session- September 15th- December 13th
Once accepted please note- Students are not guaranteed that they will get the schedule of their choice because Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) students who are paid in full receive priority registration each semester, therefore, once classes reach capacity, they will be closed. Please note that “paid in full” is defined as having paid for the entire program in one lump sum.