One Year Conservatory Program
New York One Year Conservatory Program
The One Year Conservatory is our 9 month program that follows the initial portion of the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program). With 22 hours of classes per week, this program emphasizes the fundamental aspects of The Method while ensuring concentrated and broad-based instruction in voice, movement and theatre history. Completion of this program may be applied towards the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) only if the student has fulfilled the necessary requirements of the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program), has been consistently and positively evaluated by his/her instructor, and is in excellent standing with the Institute, all to be deemed as such at the sole discretion of the Institute.
Please note the application deadlines for all U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, citizens of Canada, and holders of other U.S. visas valid for full-time study (not tourist visas):
- Summer 2014: June 20, 2014
- Fall 2014: September 8, 2014
- Winter 2015: January 5, 2015
- Spring 2015: March 30, 2015
- Summer 2015: June 22, 2015
Please note the application deadlines for all international students (except citizens of Canada):
- Summer 2014: April 28, 2014
- Fall 2014: July 21, 2014
- Winter 2015: November 10, 2014
- Spring 2015: February 2, 2015
- Summer 2015: April 27, 2015
Students in this full-time One Year Conservatory must take the following classes each session:
- 2 Method Acting classes (4 hours each- for a total of 8 hours)
- 1 Voice class (2 hours)
- 1 Movement class (2 hours)
- 1 Theatre History class (2 hours)
- Elective classes (8 hours)
See Classes for a full list of potential class offerings.
Students who wish to successfully complete the One Year Conservatory Program must complete 9 months of consecutive study and in excellent standing with the Institute. Each semester they must be in excellent standing with the Institute in order for a student to progress from one semester to the next (to be deemed at the sole discretion of the Institute). A student’s successful completion of this program will be deemed as such at the sole discretion of the Institute.
- Tuition for the One Year Conservatory Program is $16,650* ($150 non-refundable registration fee already included).
- The tuition may be paid all at once, or in three installments, each installment always to be paid before the start of each session. Installments require an additional $150 non-refundable registration fee with each new session.
*An additional non-refundable $100/session fee applies to all international registrations. An additional non-refundable $90 FedEx rate will apply to facilitate visa documents.
The Twelve Week Program, One Year Conservatory and Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) commence on all of the same session start dates listed below:
- Summer 2014 Session
June 23rd – August 29th, 2014
- Fall 2014 Session
September 15th – December 13th, 2014
- Winter 2015 Session
January 12th – April 4th, 2015
- Spring 2015 Session
April 6th – June 27th, 2015
- Summer 2015 Session
June 29th – September 5th, 2015
Once accepted please note- Students are not guaranteed that they will get the schedule of their choice because Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) students who are paid in full receive priority registration each semester, therefore, once classes reach capacity, they will be closed. Please note that “paid in full” is defined as having paid for the entire program in one lump sum.