One Year Conservatory Program
New York One Year Conservatory Program
The One Year Conservatory is our 9 month program that follows the initial portion of the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program). With 22 hours of classes per week, this program emphasizes the fundamental aspects of The Method while ensuring concentrated and broad-based instruction in voice, movement and theatre history. Completion of this program may be applied towards the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) only if the student has fulfilled the necessary requirements of the Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program), has been consistently and positively evaluated by his/her instructor, and is in excellent standing with the Institute, all to be deemed as such at the sole discretion of the Institute.
Please note the application deadlines for all international students [except citizens of Canada]:
- Spring 2013: Monday, February 4, 2013
- Summer 2013: Monday, April 29, 2013
- Fall 2013: Monday, July 22, 2013
- Winter 2014: Monday, October 28, 2013
Students in this full-time One Year Conservatory must take the following classes each session:
- 2 Method Acting classes (4 hours each- for a total of 8 hours)
- 1 Voice class (2 hours)
- 1 Movement class (2 hours)
- 1 Theatre History class (2 hours)
- Elective classes (8 hours)
See Classes for a full list of potential class offerings.
Students who wish to successfully complete the One Year Conservatory Program must complete 9 months of consecutive study and in excellent standing with the Institute. Each semester they must be in excellent standing with the Institute in order for a student to progress from one semester to the next (to be deemed at the sole discretion of the Institute). A student’s successful completion of this program will be deemed as such at the sole discretion of the Institute.
- Tuition for the One Year Conservatory Program is $16,650* ($150 non-refundable registration fee already included).
- The tuition may be paid all at once, or in three installments, each installment always to be paid before the start of each session. Installments require an additional $150 non-refundable registration fee with each new session.
- An additional $100/session fee applies to all international registrations regardless if paying in full or in installments. An additional $90 FedEx rate will apply to facilitate visa documents.
PROGRAM START DATES
The Twelve Week Program, One Year Conservatory and Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) commence on all of the same session start dates listed below:
- Winter 2013- Session Monday, January 7th- Saturday, March 30th
- Spring 2013- Session, Monday, April 1st- Saturday, June 22nd
- Summer 2013- Session Monday, June 24th- August 31st
- Fall 2013- Session Monday, September 16th- December 14th
- Winter 2014- Session Monday, January 6, 2014 – March 29, 2014
Once accepted please note- Students are not guaranteed that they will get the schedule of their choice because Two Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) students who are paid in full receive priority registration each semester, therefore, once classes reach capacity, they will be closed.